+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bookkeeping software

Post Thanks / Like

Bookkeeping software

Hello,
    I am interested in information about the financial software that has been developed for the Nazarene accounting system. If anyone has information, please respond. Diane T.

Site Manager G R 'Scott' Cundiff's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane Thompson View Post
    Hello,
    I am interested in information about the financial software that has been developed for the Nazarene accounting system. If anyone has information, please respond. Diane T.
    Hi Diane and welcome to NazNet. I know we have some church treasurers on NazNet. I hope they can help you out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I certainly hope so. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Our church is leaving Nazarene Treasury System for Quick Books. Don't know why for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Kreps View Post
    Our church is leaving Nazarene Treasury System for Quick Books. Don't know why for sure.
    I don't know why your church is, but Quick Books has vastly superior reporting capabilities. But it is harder to use.

It should also be noted that the Nazarene Treasury System is not from the Church but is made by a private company.
    Thanks Hal Kreps - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We have used "Simply Accounting" for many years. Works pretty good, although I quit getting the upgrades every year (I think we are using the 2008 version). I also have PowerChurch Plus which has an accounting module, but for the life of me I can't get that figured out (even though it would be better since it allows for fund accounting).

Bottom line... "whatever works". I know we don't want to use that phrase in many areas of life, but when it comes to bookkeeping, it sounds good to me!

Post Thanks / Like
    We have used Nazarene Treasury System for about 4 or 5 years. The recent upgrade includes appropriate calculations for the new budget formulas. Overall it does the job - it handles payroll reasonably well and we could use it to track contributions. We used to use quicken when I was treasurer - unfortunately I had to reformat all the reports. NTS's printing capabilities are not great but are suitable for our needs and you can export the information for reformatting in excel or word.

Doug

Assistant Site Administrator/Forum Host Jon Twitchell's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like
    Our church has used Quicken for 7 or 8 years now, with good success. It has a couple of shortcomings for the local church, but you can create some particular workarounds that will work for the small church. It probably wouldn't work for a larger church--particularly if you needed to manage multiple budgets (a General Budget, NYI budget, SS Budget, Faith Promise Budget, etc.) But we use it to manage multiple funds, and our General operating budget.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bookkeeping software

Wow! This is great informatin! Thanks to everyone who responded; this will be extremely beneficial in our decision. God bless.

+ Reply to Thread