+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pregnancy Complications: Mom and baby doing well!

Post Thanks / Like

Pregnancy Complications: Mom and baby doing well!

My wife, Mindy Flowers has been admitted to Providence Hospital in Anchorage. The amniotic fluid is critically low at 33 weeks and baby Rebecca is breech. They will be administering steroids to promote lung growth tonight and tomorrow morning as well as putting in an IV to try and raise fluid levels in the amniotic sack. If the fluid levels rise enough we may go home in a couple days, if they do not then the baby will be delivered via c-section. If born in a couple days she will spend 3-4 weeks in the NICU.

We are praying that the fluid levels go up to at least 5. Currently they are under 4. At the very least we want to see progress tomorrow and for it to continue. I do not want to be spending the next few weeks in the NICU (we can't afford it or for me not to be working). Ultimately this is in God's hands and we will do what is needed for our baby girl.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pregnancy Complications

Lord, here are Pastor Mike and Mindy anticipating the joy of another baby girl and now this complication has occurred and I pray for Your intervention in the procedures of the medical staff to bring about a most healthy birth and that Mindy will be blessed as the baby is birthed into our world as Your child and for grows up to become Your servant. Amen.

Post Thanks / Like

We are still at the hospital in wait and monitor mode. Dr is concerned enough to not send Mindy home but is comfortable enough to just wait. Baby is not in distress and fluid levels seem to have improved slightly. We are here until baby comes at least.

Post Thanks / Like

C-section scheduled for 7:30 Thursday morning (Jan 12). I meet my daughter in 10 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

We have our daughter. Her name is Rebecca. She weighed in at 4 lbs 2 oz and measured 18.5 inches long. Both she and mama are doing well. Rebecca will spend at least five days in the NICU (earliest release is when she hits that 35 week mark, which would be Tuesday). We're hopeful that she can go home sooner rather than later. Just need to make sure she can regulate her temperature and that she is eating properly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Flowers View Post
    We have our daughter. Her name is Rebecca. She weighed in at 4 lbs 2 oz and measured 18.5 inches long. Both she and mama are doing well. Rebecca will spend at least five days in the NICU (earliest release is when she hits that 35 week mark, which would be Tuesday). We're hopeful that she can go home sooner rather than later. Just need to make sure she can regulate her temperature and that she is eating properly.
    Thanks for the update, Michael. I pray she will thrive!
    Only the power of the Holy Spirit can get truth past the obvious.
    Thanks Gina Stevenson - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your new little flower.

Host Fun & Prayer forums Gina Stevenson's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, congratulations, Mike & Mindy.
    Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. ~ Stella Adler
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    It takes a great deal of maturity to accept that trying to eliminate all risk eliminates life. ~ Susan Lapin ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    His anger lasts only a moment, but His favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning. Psalm 30:5 (NLT)

Post Thanks / Like

Praying that she will strengthen and be a blessing to her parents and sibling.

Host Photography Forum Dana Grant's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to read of Rebecca's arrival. Thanks for the update!! Congratulations!! Praying that Mommy and daughter are able to go home soon!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pregnancy Complications: Mom and baby doing well!

Update: As of January 25

Mindy was discharged on January 16. She is doing well in her personal recovery. Still some pain and she is still restricted to light duty. She has been staying in the NICU with Rebecca since discharge.

Rebecca is doing well. She is making great progress. She is out of the incubator, off all IVs and is learning how to nurse. It sounds like she still has at least a week to go in the NICU, but that is all contingent upon her developing the feeding habits that the doctors want to see.

I am spending the days at home so that I can go to work and also help take care of our almost 2 year old. The hardest part is that my daughter is still spending 5 out of 7 nights at other people's homes because of my on-call schedule with the Fire Department. I am definitely looking forward to my family being together at home.

God has been good to us these past 20 days and I am thankful for His continued faithfulness.

Post Thanks / Like

Pastor Mike, thank you for the update and prayers will continue for each one of your family.

Post Thanks / Like

Final update for this thread: Rebecca Anne Flowers came home from the NICU on Monday, February 13. She is doing great at home.

Host Photography Forum Dana Grant's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

That is great news. Thank you for the update. Anytime you want to share a picture of this new little Flowers blossom, we'd love to see it!!

Dana -- (Moderator of Photography board -- needing some photography posts.....LOL)
    Thanks Gina Stevenson - "thanks" for this post

+ Reply to Thread