+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tip: use crayons on dry erase boards

Site Manager G R 'Scott' Cundiff's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Tip: use crayons on dry erase boards

Lifehacker says you can use crayons rather than dry markers (which dry out) on dry erase boards. A squirt of the cleaning liquid makes erasing easy.

I haven't tried it, but it sounds like something to try.

http://lifehacker.com/5637973/switch...-board-writing

Host Fun & Prayer forums Gina Stevenson's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tip: use crayons on dry erase boards

Definitely sounds good. While the dry erase idea is a good one, the noxious ink in them ... well, I wonder if it's not toxic, as well, it's such a horrid odor.
    Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. ~ Stella Adler
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    It takes a great deal of maturity to accept that trying to eliminate all risk eliminates life. ~ Susan Lapin ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    His anger lasts only a moment, but His favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning. Psalm 30:5 (NLT)

Post Thanks / Like

One of those smart boards was installed in Esther's renovated classroom but she hasn't used it yet because training has not been provided. I use one in my Comm.Ed. classes but I know only how to use it for maps that are available and would not even guess how she is to use it and what foremats are available.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gina Stevenson View Post
    Definitely sounds good. While the dry erase idea is a good one, the noxious ink in them ... well, I wonder if it's not toxic, as well, it's such a horrid odor.
    Gina, I started reading the readers comments under Scott's link. I had never heard of these recommendations for the smell problems:

One says:
    As a former teacher, I learned to LOVE the scented dry erase markers. They are more expensive, but last a long time and smell genuinely nice. I recommend the mint (green) and chocolate (brown). Never underestimate the power of aromatherapy on middle schoolers.

Another recommends:
    If you get the refilable type of dry wipe marker you don't get the smell. It's taken me 3 years to convince my school to stop buying the non-refil type but then schools love a false economy.

Host Fun & Prayer forums Gina Stevenson's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

You mean you didn't find a thing about them being toxic ... only horrid-smelling? Hmmmm ... interesting.
    Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. ~ Stella Adler
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    It takes a great deal of maturity to accept that trying to eliminate all risk eliminates life. ~ Susan Lapin ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    His anger lasts only a moment, but His favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning. Psalm 30:5 (NLT)

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever happened to the good old fashioned chalk board?

Post Thanks / Like

CHalk dust was thought to irritate computers. I don't know if that's still true.
    “Bondservants, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ; not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart” (Eph. 6:5-6).

+ Reply to Thread