+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

Host Women's forum Marsha Gupton's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Hello

I need to be MUCH better about checking in!! Somehow retired life is busy.

This weekend I will be attending the Women's Retreat from my church. Pray for me because I am really not a retreat person. A friend really wanted to go so I told her I would go too. The theme is on being transparent. Please pray that I have a good time. I haven't been on a retreat since the days we had singles retreats. I am not athletic, I do not like to "rough it", I don't like playing silly games.

Spring is in the air in Tennessee and my dogwood tree is starting to bloom.
    Marsha Gupton
    Thanks Diane Likens - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Marsha Gupton View Post
    I need to be MUCH better about checking in!! Somehow retired life is busy.

This weekend I will be attending the Women's Retreat from my church. Pray for me because I am really not a retreat person. A friend really wanted to go so I told her I would go too. The theme is on being transparent. Please pray that I have a good time. I haven't been on a retreat since the days we had singles retreats. I am not athletic, I do not like to "rough it", I don't like playing silly games.

Spring is in the air in Tennessee and my dogwood tree is starting to bloom.
    Maybe you need to retreat from retreats. I understand -- I am also not a "retreat person." I haven't been to one in several years.
    Thanks Diane Likens - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Marsha:
    I am not a "retreat" person either, and since this is a woman's retreat you are attending I can only imagine what might transpire there........

I would encourage you in this way though:

1. I still remember a Youth for Christ retreat I attended in high school.....it is possible to come away from a retreat with some new and good spiritual insights and victory!

2.I suggest you focus on helping the friend you are attending the retreat with: even if you don't get much out of it, your purpose in being there may be to help her since she seemed to want to attend so badly.

BILL
    Thanks Diane Likens, Gina Stevenson - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a "women's" retreat kind of person. But a prayer retreat or pastors' retreat gets me excited.
    Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. 1 John 4:18a

Become an organ donor ~ donatelife.net ~ www.organdonor.gov

+ Reply to Thread