+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trump - welcome to interesting times

Post Thanks / Like

Trump - welcome to interesting times

Whether one thinks that President Trump is the Messiah, the antichrist, the Manchurian candidate or something in between. I doubt that anyone would disagree that we are living in interesting times.

What an exciting ride this will be. Time will tell whether it is roller coaster exciting or icy mountain road in an oversized pickup truck exciting.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us wthout end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    - C.S. Lewis

Host Theology Forum David Graham's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trump - welcome to interesting times

My concern is that when he speaks in public he says things off the cuff much too often without considering 1. whether it is strictly true, or 2. whether it is possible, or 3. how powerful leaders in other parts of the world might "feel" about what he says.

eg.
    1. Regarding truth: His statements about the former FBI Boss being incompetent or had problems with his colleagues. The present intrim FBI chief doesn't seem to think so.

2. Regarding possible: His statement to the world that he was sending a "battle group off to North Korea. (At the time they were involved in exercises with the R.A.N off Western Australia.... it was a long time afterwards before they began to move towards Korea.

3. Regarding Sensitivity: What he's said regarding Europe and particularly Chancellor Merkle, (I probably haven't spelt this right.... sorry) hasn't exactly built closer ties with Europe.

He's a loose cannon, and that's a worry in an unstable world.

From an Australian point of view, we're bound to the US in so many ways that we wouldn't be able to escape the consequences of your President's choices. Interesting times ahead.
    Thanks Jon Bemis, Conrad Herman, Diane Likens - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Cox View Post
    Time will tell whether it is roller coaster exciting or icy mountain road in an oversized pickup truck exciting.
    There's a difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    StrengthsFinder Top 5: Input ---------- Intellection ---------- Connectedness ---------- Context ---------- Belief

Myers-Briggs Type: Introversion ---------- Intuition ---------- Feeling ---------- Perception (INFP)

My Website & Blog: alucasfinch.net
    Laughing Jim Chabot, Diane Likens - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Finch View Post
    There's a difference?

I'll bet there is! I feel much safer in the oversize pickup, I'm guessing that Billy would choose the roller coaster. Roller coasters scare me to death, can't stand them.

Something like this, not so much. The trail report said that there was an avalanche danger. Me? What me worry! There is an 800 foot drop on the side of the trail, but there are plenty of trees to break ones fall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	avalanche.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	8909
    -Jim

To know and to serve God, of course, is why we're here, a clear truth, that, like the nose on your face, is near at hand and easily discernible but can make you dizzy if you try to focus on it hard. But a little faith will see you through.

Garrison Keillor
    Thanks David Graham - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Finch View Post
    There's a difference?

Haha, yes. The roller coaster simulates danger, whereas the icy road is the real thing.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us wthout end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    - C.S. Lewis
    Laughing David Graham, David Warren, Diane Likens - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

However one views him, it behooves all of us to pray for him and his administration to seek God's guidance and wisdom in carrying out their responsibilities.

Heavenly Father, I pray that each and every NazNetter will find it in their heart to pray for this President and that he will seek Your guidance and wisdom in his decisions, speech and actions that are his responsibilities for the good of the nation and Your glory, Amen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Franklin View Post
    However one views him, it behooves all of us to pray for him and his administration to seek God's guidance and wisdom in carrying out their responsibilities.

Heavenly Father, I pray that each and every NazNetter will find it in their heart to pray for this President and that he will seek Your guidance and wisdom in his decisions, speech and actions that are his responsibilities for the good of the nation and Your glory, Amen.
    I'm more likely to pray that those who are responsible for the checks/balances of government will have the courage to stand up to a very powerful man who appears to have an unhealthy admiration for tyrants and dictatorship.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Thanks Diane Likens, Cam Pence, John Kennedy, David Graham - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm more likely to pray that those who are responsible for the checks/balances of government will have the courage to stand up to a very powerful man who appears to have an unhealthy admiration for tyrants and dictatorship.
    And I'll pray for both. This nation could use a miracle.
    Wherever I am, God is, and all is well.
    Thanks Jon Bemis, John Kennedy, David Graham - "thanks" for this post

NazNet Host

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to imagine of whom you speak.

McCain?
    Schumer?

Someone from the deep state, no doubt.

Thanks!

Friend,

Wes
    Thanks Glenn Messer, Jim Chabot, Lorie Hatcliff - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Graham View Post
    Regarding truth: His statements about the former FBI Boss being incompetent or had problems with his colleagues. The present intrim FBI chief doesn't seem to think so.
    This has been bugging me all week David. First off, I wouldn't expect that the acting chief would think so, after all they sere compadres, so no worries there. There were widespread reports of strong dissatisfaction in the ranks when the whole Hillary investigation got sloughed off once it made it to the top. Most definitely a case of incompetence on display.

But most striking from my vantage point is that for whatever reason this fellow, who has proven to be a dog without any teeth as shown in the Hillary scandal, is now investigating alleged Russian influence over our election. Give me a break, the one who did more to influence and meddle in the election was Comey himself. Since when do FBI directors publically comment upon investigations? Especially involving candidates in an election? Trump is right, this guy is a showboat and he brought respect for the agency down. Good riddance to bad rubbish! Lets not forget that the Democrats were unified that Hillary should send this guy packing as soon as she got in office.

I'm also reminded that Comey's claim to fame is that he was the one who put Martha Stewart in jail. Again, good riddance!
    -Jim

To know and to serve God, of course, is why we're here, a clear truth, that, like the nose on your face, is near at hand and easily discernible but can make you dizzy if you try to focus on it hard. But a little faith will see you through.

Garrison Keillor
    Thanks Glenn Messer, Lorie Hatcliff - "thanks" for this post

+ Reply to Thread