+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DS Season is upon us...

Post Thanks / Like

DS Season is upon us...

So NorCal has a new anonymous DS. And Maine is electing today. Any news from the Mainers?
    “Martyrs rather than the pastors of megachurches might now become our evangelistic exemplars, and the ‘excellence’ of evangelistic practice’ will be measurable not by numbers but rather by obedience to a crucified God”

- Bryan Stone Evangelism After Christendom

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DS Season is upon us...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Frey View Post
    So NorCal has a new anonymous DS. And Maine is electing today. Any news from the Mainers?
    Lest rumors start spreading again, I can confirm that I was not nominated.
    StrengthsFinder Top 5: Input ---------- Intellection ---------- Connectedness ---------- Context ---------- Belief

Myers-Briggs Type: Introversion ---------- Intuition ---------- Feeling ---------- Perception (INFP)

My Website & Blog: alucasfinch.net
    Laughing Gina Stevenson, Aaron Stapleton - thanks for this funny post

Host Fun & Prayer forums Gina Stevenson's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

(Lucas adding to his post count again, lol )

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Finch View Post
    Lest rumors start spreading again, I can confirm that I was not nominated.
    Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. ~ Stella Adler
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    It takes a great deal of maturity to accept that trying to eliminate all risk eliminates life. ~ Susan Lapin ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    His anger lasts only a moment, but His favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning. Psalm 30:5 (NLT)

Post Thanks / Like

This would be a good way for them to get Jon Twitchell back, just sayin.
    -Jim

To know and to serve God, of course, is why we're here, a clear truth, that, like the nose on your face, is near at hand and easily discernible but can make you dizzy if you try to focus on it hard. But a little faith will see you through.

Garrison Keillor
    Laughing Jon Twitchell - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Chabot View Post
    This would be a good way for them to get Jon Twitchell back, just sayin.
    I am certain that this was officially the first time my name has come up in THAT conversation!

Ha!
    Grace and Peace,

Jon Twitchell

"We... must tell a future generation the praises of the Lord." - Psalm 78:4 (HCSB)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gina Stevenson View Post
    (Lucas adding to his post count again, lol )
    I'm more interested in my "Laughing with" count than my overall post count. I'm currently sitting in fourth place. I'm coming for YOU next, Cundiff!
    StrengthsFinder Top 5: Input ---------- Intellection ---------- Connectedness ---------- Context ---------- Belief

Myers-Briggs Type: Introversion ---------- Intuition ---------- Feeling ---------- Perception (INFP)

My Website & Blog: alucasfinch.net
    Laughing Aaron Stapleton, Rich Schmidt - thanks for this funny post

Host Book, Movie & GA forums Ryan Scott's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

I hacked the Maine election. Twitchell is winning with 586,000 votes.
    ...just my $.02.
    Thanks Greg Gates - "thanks" for this post
    Laughing Craig Laughlin, Gina Stevenson, Lucas Finch, John Kennedy - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Frey View Post
    Stephen Dillman was elected.
    Thanks Wes Smith, Jim Chabot - "thanks" for this post

Host Book, Movie & GA forums Ryan Scott's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Foltz View Post
    Alright now ENC needs a chaplain and a church relations director; I'm setting the over/under on combined applications at 300.
    ...just my $.02.

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard they were going to need a new church relations director either way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Scott View Post
    Alright now ENC needs a chaplain and a church relations director; I'm setting the over/under on combined applications at 300.
    Just have Trevecca's chaplain & church relations director work at ENC, too. There's president I mean precedent for that.
    "Neither holiness nor love is Christian without the other...Love without holiness disintegrates into sentimentality. Personal integrity is lost. But holiness without love is not holiness at all. In spite of its label, it displays harshness, judgmentalism, a critical spirit, and all its capacity for discrimination ends in nitpicking and divisiveness." - MBW
    Laughing Lucas Finch, Marsha Lynn, Greg Crofford, David Morris - thanks for this funny post

Host Fun & Prayer forums Gina Stevenson's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

I'm more interested in my "Laughing with" count than my overall post count. I'm currently sitting in fourth place. I'm coming for YOU next, Cundiff!
    OK. You have noticed my clicking that "Laugh" button on many of your posts, no?
    Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. ~ Stella Adler
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    It takes a great deal of maturity to accept that trying to eliminate all risk eliminates life. ~ Susan Lapin ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    His anger lasts only a moment, but His favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning. Psalm 30:5 (NLT)
    Laughing Lucas Finch - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

-Jim

To know and to serve God, of course, is why we're here, a clear truth, that, like the nose on your face, is near at hand and easily discernible but can make you dizzy if you try to focus on it hard. But a little faith will see you through.

Garrison Keillor
    Laughing Lucas Finch, Gina Stevenson - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Foltz View Post
    Kewl! He is our speaker this year at Portsmouth Camp, looks like we will have two DS's there this year.

Getting elected DS is pretty good affirmation that he did a good job as Church relations director.

Although I can't rule out Jon Twitchell's involvement. If I remember right Jon was in charge of music at the Maine District camp a few years back and Steve was one of the speakers, just sayin.
    -Jim

Garrison Keillor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Chabot View Post
    Getting elected DS is pretty good affirmation that he did a good job as Church relations director.
    I don't see the connection between those two jobs, but he was a DS prior to being a church relations director, so he's already experienced.
    "Neither holiness nor love is Christian without the other...Love without holiness disintegrates into sentimentality. Personal integrity is lost. But holiness without love is not holiness at all. In spite of its label, it displays harshness, judgmentalism, a critical spirit, and all its capacity for discrimination ends in nitpicking and divisiveness." - MBW
    Thanks David Troxler - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Troxler View Post
    I don't see the connection between those two jobs, but he was a DS prior to being a church relations director, so he's already experienced.
    If your job is to build good relations with the churches, and one of the Districts that you are serving elects you as DS............

I don't think it's all that hard to connect those dots.
    -Jim

Garrison Keillor

+ Reply to Thread