+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CA -709 The Use of Social Media

Post Thanks / Like

CA -709 The Use of Social Media

I'm thinking the passing of resolution CA-709 - THE USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA could be used against many of the types of conversations hosted on NazNet.
    Our activities should be life giving and affirming and should seek to uplift all persons
    This is one way to try to silence the critics.
    Thanks Diane Likens, Lorie Hatcliff, Jim Chabot, Cam Pence - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CA -709 The Use of Social Media

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Wright View Post
    I'm thinking the passing of resolution CA-709 - THE USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA could be used against many of the types of conversations hosted on NazNet.This is one way to try to silence the critics.
    Yes it is and beside that this is problematic in that speaking the truth is often not affirming.
    It is not enough to be right, you have to be like Jesus.

Strength Finders - Futuristic, Strategic, Self Assurance, Individualization, Ideation
    Meyer's Brigs - ENTP

Post Thanks / Like

I for one am praying and urging that the Mid Atlantic District uplift the persons who loaned them 1.5 million dollars in good faith.
    -Jim

To know and to serve God, of course, is why we're here, a clear truth, that, like the nose on your face, is near at hand and easily discernible but can make you dizzy if you try to focus on it hard. But a little faith will see you through.

Garrison Keillor
    Thanks Kevin Wright - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

This reminds me of a time I was called into my bosses office. We were doing some re-branding and an outside firm had been hired to help in the process. They sent a questionnaire out asking a number of questions, one of which was about our perception of the weaknesses of the place. I answered honestly. I was scolded off the record for doing so. It was clear that I was not in trouble for having my opinion, but for sharing it with an outsider...
    “Martyrs rather than the pastors of megachurches might now become our evangelistic exemplars, and the ‘excellence’ of evangelistic practice’ will be measurable not by numbers but rather by obedience to a crucified God”

- Bryan Stone Evangelism After Christendom

+ Reply to Thread