+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What will you do?

Post Thanks / Like

What will you do?

I tried challenging you and perhaps I failed as badly as Luke failed in keeping this alive.

I know you like it here, but if here is gone, then does that mean that your voice has to disappear? Yeah, Facebook doesn't work like this. It is like a different planet. But unless someone is willing to purchase the software and create a new forum, this is going away. Seems like some of you have tried to chain yourself to the front porch and I am the neighbor telling you to stop fighting and sell the house already. Only problem is that it isn't your porch. You have been a guest all these years. That has actually riled you up a time or two when you have been put in your place and sent to your room, but it is also what makes you family.

Some of you will argue over everything but if someone threatened the other person you would defend them. At other times, you just get so disgusted you go to your room for a while.

You have the power to remain a family. Do you have the willpower and the fortitude to do it?

May you remember that it isn't the location that makes a home a home, but the people. I hope some of you will visit the new place sometime. I will leave the light on for you.
    Thanks David Graham, Gina Stevenson, Jim Chabot - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What will you do?

But thanks for contributing to Threadpocalypse. And giving me more opportunities to post. And use GIFs.
    StrengthsFinder Top 5: Input ---------- Intellection ---------- Connectedness ---------- Context ---------- Belief

Myers-Briggs Type: Introversion ---------- Intuition ---------- Feeling ---------- Perception (INFP)

My Website & Blog: alucasfinch.net
    Laughing Jim Chabot, Susan Unger - thanks for this funny post

Host - Theology Forum Cynthia Prentice's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Finch View Post

But thanks for contributing to Threadpocalypse. And giving me more opportunities to post. And use GIFs.
    "I'll give you a full life in the emptiest of places...You'll use the old rubble of past lives to build anew... You'll be known as those who can fix anything, restore old ruins, rebuild and renovate, make the community livable again." Isaiah 58:11-12 (THE MESSAGE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvhP_xORvgE new for 2014!

Post Thanks / Like

Well the one Facebook thread Lucas started has vanished without explanation so...
    Last edited by Brandon Brown; July 15th, 2017 at 07:46 AM. Reason: clarity
    Thanks Lucas Finch - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Brown View Post
    Well the one thread Lucas started has vanished without explanation so...
    It was explained to my satisfaction. The moderators acted wisely, the thread had gotten out of control. My only regret was that they were required to deal with it, when they should be enjoying a well deserved rest.
    -Jim

To know and to serve God, of course, is why we're here, a clear truth, that, like the nose on your face, is near at hand and easily discernible but can make you dizzy if you try to focus on it hard. But a little faith will see you through.

Garrison Keillor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Chabot View Post
    It was explained to my satisfaction. The moderators acted wisely, the thread had gotten out of control. My only regret was that they were required to deal with it, when they should be enjoying a well deserved rest.

Sorry, I meant a Facebook thread.

Post Thanks / Like

What Brandon is mentioning is a little post I made in the Facebook group yesterday inviting people to come participate in Threadpocalypse. I didn't say anything against the move. I only reminded people that yesterday was supposed to be the last day for new threads, so I encouraged people to come over here and start new threads. I haven't been able to find that post, though, thus leading me to the conclusion that it was deleted for some reason.

I did add a comment stating that my self-imposed exile from NazNet does not begin until the DOTCOM, RIP, has been buried. Thus, me posting there yesterday was not inconsistent with my policy of not participating in the Facebook groups. Maybe that was interpreted in bringing my bad attitude to the Facebook group, thus calling for the deletion. I didn't see it that way, but the comment itself could have been deleted without deleting the original post. But whatev! I've given up trying to guess what is truely permissible and what itsn't.
    StrengthsFinder Top 5: Input ---------- Intellection ---------- Connectedness ---------- Context ---------- Belief

Myers-Briggs Type: Introversion ---------- Intuition ---------- Feeling ---------- Perception (INFP)

Thanks David Troxler, Susan Unger - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I THINK I saw it... I believe I said something... Like clicked the crying sad icon

Unpopular threads tend to vanish into the ether, so...
    Thanks Susan Unger - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Kyle,
    I joined both the Naznet groups I qualify for and also Naztoo. It's not like I haven't contributed over there (I like being able to "like" with emotions. That is my favorite "improvement")
    (Difficult to follow conversations is my least favorite flaw)
    ... But some friends will not be there, so this is our last chance to see each other.
    Thanks Gina Stevenson, Susan Unger - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emiko Cothran View Post
    I THINK I saw it... I believe I said something... Like clicked the crying sad icon

Unpopular threads tend to vanish into the ether, so...
    It was up for a while. I saw your reaction. I did a "Search This Group". A couple of comments that I made on other posts came up, along with a picture of four of us (including a much larger Cam) from two years ago taken at NYC2015, but not the post in question. Which leads me to conclude that rather than getting lost in the busyness of the group (and that group really isn't very busy for being a group of over 2000 people), my post was deleted. Which is fine. It just doesn't engender a lot of good will for people to want to be a part of the group.

Thanks Rich Schmidt - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Why would they delete it?

"Our old building is being torn down, friends, let's get together for one last haraah!"
    That is not insulting or mean or anything...

Post Thanks / Like

"Our old building is being torn down, friends, let's get together for one last haraah!"

I get the feeling that some do not appreciate Lucas’ good natured grieving over the “DOTCOM”
    Thanks Lucas Finch, Gina Stevenson - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good question. Possibly they saw an extension of my "bad attitude" there in the comment I made regarding my self-imposed NazNet exile. At this point, I mostly just find it funny.

Thanks Jon Bemis - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Brown View Post
    I get the feeling that some do not appreciate Lucas’ good natured grieving over the “DOTCOM”
    I suspect you are correct. Oh well.

I've expressed it before, but I do want to once again thank Dave for providing this space for us for so many years and Scott for maintaining it. I've butted heads a bit with one of the moderators, but I've appreciated Kevin's moderating for the most part, and whether or not I agree with them collectively, I know that it is a thankless, and often frustrating, job. So I feel their pain.

I've also said this before, but to reiterate: It should be taken as a compliment that many of us don't want this site to end. It means we actually like it here.

Host Fun & Prayer forums Gina Stevenson's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

I've also said this before, but to reiterate: It should be taken as a compliment that many of us don't want this site to end. It means we actually like it here.
    Right. Many love this place . . . . just as much as we are frustrated by the FB format.
    Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. ~ Stella Adler
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Palatino Linotype]It takes a great deal of maturity to accept that trying to eliminate all risk eliminates life. ~ Susan Lapin ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Thanks Susan Unger - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

... But some friends will not be there, so this is our last chance to see each other.
    This.
    Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. 1 John 4:18a

Become an organ donor ~ donatelife.net ~ www.organdonor.gov
    Thanks Emiko Cothran, Gina Stevenson - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I see what you did here. That's not the real George Bush, and therefore the words don't translate to words spoken by the real Lucas Finch. Wink, wink, eh?

Not gonna fall for the banana in the tailpipe.

(unfortunately video clips of the scene from Beverly Hills Cop contained language inappropriate for naznet.)
    -Jim

To know and to serve God, of course, is why we're here, a clear truth, that, like the nose on your face, is near at hand and easily discernible but can make you dizzy if you try to focus on it hard. But a little faith will see you through.

Garrison Keillor

Post Thanks / Like

I see what you did here. That's not the real George Bush . . .
    #MyGeorgeBush

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Jim Chabot;348932

(unfortunately video clips of the scene from Beverly Hills Cop contained language inappropriate for naznet.)[/QUOTE]

Maybe NazToo?

Post Thanks / Like

I have noticed you kinda need to be in both Naznet General Discussion and NazToo in order to keep in community and conversation with all the friends we've made here.

Cynthia and Hans are active there. Among others I don't know super well but have seen around here from time to time like Tom and Dave.

Others like Marsha and Lucas are on both but never talk in either.

It makes me sad that to be "in the whole group" you to be actively involved in two Different groups.
    Thanks Gina Stevenson, Cynthia Prentice - "thanks" for this post

Assistant Site Administrator/Forum Host Kevin Rector's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

--Host Post--

Nah, just kidding... thought I'd do that ^^ one more time.
    God is really good.

Post Thanks / Like

I have noticed you kinda need to be in both Naznet General Discussion and NazToo in order to keep in community and conversation with all the friends we've made here.

Cynthia and Hans are active there. Among others I don't know super well but have seen around here from time to time like Tom and Dave.

It makes me sad that to be "in the whole group" you to be actively involved in two Different groups.
    Ok...so for me it is sort of like...

Our good friend Eddie came to visit us while we were living in Nacogdoches. He was a truck driver...an 18 wheeler...and his truck was idling in the church parking lot. Before coming inside to visit he told us he had to go shut down the truck. As soon as he said this our two year old daughter let out a little gasp and looked at me. I knew what she was thinking.

Me: Bethany, Uncle Eddie didn't say Shut Up...he said shut down.

Bethany: We can say shut down?

Me: Yes...we can say shut down.

Bethany (with glee): SHUT DOWN, SHUT DOWN, SHUT DOWN, SHUT DOWN, SHUT DOWN, SHUT DOWN, SHUT DOWN, SHUT DOWN, SHUT DOWN, SHUT DOWN
    Last edited by Cynthia Prentice; July 23rd, 2017 at 06:41 PM.
    "I'll give you a full life in the emptiest of places...You'll use the old rubble of past lives to build anew... You'll be known as those who can fix anything, restore old ruins, rebuild and renovate, make the community livable again." Isaiah 58:11-12 (THE MESSAGE)

Post Thanks / Like

Haha! Yeees, it is. it's like, "I can swear?! For really??? Well then!"

The good news is most people I know went crazy on their 21st birthday with the alcohol... maybe it lasted a year or two, then they grew up, got a job, had kids, and now drink a glass or two on Christmas and new years.

When you are suddenly "allowed" the flood gates open... then you simmer down and get reasonable once it's out of your system.

I assume swearing works the same way.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Cynthia Prentice;349148
    Bethany: We can say shut down?

Me: Yes...we can say shut down.

Bethany (with glee): SHUT DOWN, SHUT DOWN, SHUT DOWN, SHUT DOWN, SHUT DOWN, SHUT DOWN, SHUT DOWN, SHUT DOWN, SHUT DOWN, SHUT DOWN [/QUOTE]

Glorious freedom, wonderful freedom.......
    Laughing Marg Shurtliff, Gina Stevenson - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Emiko Cothran;349149]Haha! Yeees, it is. it's like, "I can swear?! For really??? Well then!"

The good news is most people I know went crazy on their 21st birthday with the alcohol... maybe it lasted a year or two, then they grew up, got a job, had kids, and now drink a glass or two on Christmas and new years.

When you are suddenly "allowed" the flood gates open... then you simmer down and get reasonable once it's out of your system.

I assume swearing works the same way.[/QUOTE

I try to focus on the core of what is communicated.
    Last edited by Cynthia Prentice; July 23rd, 2017 at 06:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This (the allure of the forbidden) is why my rule with my daughter is "do not swear in anger, and do not swear in a way that insults anyone or hurts their feelings"

So if she says ""Grandpa likes to say *****."
    I say, comply and without reprimand, "Yes, yes he does."

But if she says "*** you!"
    I say, "That wasn't nice, we don't use our word to hurt!"

Post Thanks / Like

The finale of "Little House on the Prairie" where Wilson has been visiting, was to blow up the set. That's too drastic here. I will return to my loneliness. This board has been both a comfort and an outlet to some of my frustrations. See you down the road or in Heaven. With tears for losing contact with some folks I regard very highly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Franklin View Post
    The finale of "Little House on the Prairie" where Wilson has been visiting, was to blow up the set. That's too drastic here. I will return to my loneliness. This board has been both a comfort and an outlet to some of my frustrations. See you down the road or in Heaven. With tears for losing contact with some folks I regard very highly.
    Jim, may the Lord Jesus be your comfort and the answer to times of loneliness. Your prayers and input here have been appreciated by many. Thank you.
    dave t

Host Fun & Prayer forums Gina Stevenson's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Jim, go to thread entitled THANK YOU, and try the new board, a bit similar to this one.

Edited to add link to it in this thread, too:

http://naznet.boards.net/
    Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. ~ Stella Adler
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Palatino Linotype]It takes a great deal of maturity to accept that trying to eliminate all risk eliminates life. ~ Susan Lapin ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya.
    Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. 1 John 4:18a

Thanks Gina Stevenson - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Giving you a big hug across the nation, Jim.

Hopefully, you'll be able to transition to the new Naznet on FB.

Thanks Gina Stevenson - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear. Still happy we once got to meet. As David said, I've appreciated your prayers through the years. May God reward your faithfulness and be your strength in days to come. God bless you.
    Thanks Lucas Finch, Gina Stevenson - "thanks" for this post

+ Reply to Thread