When I retire in a few years I'm thinking of starting a small business helping churches integrate technology.
For a set fee I'd set them up with:
Do you think churches would be interested in this? What do you think they'd pay for such a service (training would probably take a Saturday).
- A domain name owned by the church
- A free Google apps account which would give them a free website, calendar, contacts list, and branded email
- I would then come on site and train people to use all the above
- Training would include... how to keep the web page current
- ...How to use the online calendar
- ...How to export the calendar into Microsoft Word for inclusion in the bulletin or newsletter
- ...How to print mailing labels from the online contact list using Excel and Word
- ...How to print off a birthday/anniversary list from the contacts using Excel
- If a responsible person has an Android phone, I would teach them how to keep calendar/contacts current from their phone