+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 866 379 2003

Post Thanks / Like

866 379 2003

Here lately we've been receiving quite a few calls from 866 379 2003 - thankfully we have caller ID - the number comes up on our TV (if it's on, and we're watching) so we've been ignoring these calls. In addition to caller ID our provider also provides call-history and I just checked - we've had 12 calls from that number in the past three days, including 5 yesterday.

My wife and I have a policy - if we don't recognize the name or the number we don't answer any calls. If it's important, they will leave a message, we figure. And thus far Mr/Mrs 866 379 2003 has not left a message.

(I just did a Google search for that number - that convinced me, we should continue ignoring these calls.)

-neb

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 866 379 2003

We're on the "Do Not Call" list and we STILL get these annoying phone calls. I understand that if you initiate any kind of contact with a company or organization, they then have the "right" to call you. *sigh*
    Thanks Nelson Bradford - "thanks" for this post

Site Manager G R 'Scott' Cundiff's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to add http://whocalled.us to your bookmarks. It's a quick way to find out who is calling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G R 'Scott' Cundiff View Post
    You might want to add http://whocalled.us to your bookmarks. It's a quick way to find out who is calling.
    I've used Google and sites like that one to find out who's called the church before, especially when they call repeatedly, don't leave messages, and hang up when I answer. Those are always marketers of some sort.

What's more frustrating is that lately we've been getting these kinds of calls from some number that's showing up on the caller ID as an area code followed by 7 zeros. No way to look that one up!
    Thanks Nelson Bradford, Joanne Vergin - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G R 'Scott' Cundiff View Post
    I used this site to look up my phone numbers (wireless an land line) and it said the numbers were assigned to ATX Telecommunications Services, LTD and Mcimetro Access Transmission Services LLC.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate the one where you answer and they say they are your "credit card" company. I actually answer these calls. More often than not it is the quickest way to get them to stop. And it's also a way that criminals check to see if you are home.
    “Bondservants, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ; not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart” (Eph. 6:5-6).

Post Thanks / Like
    “Bondservants, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in sincerity of heart, as to Christ; not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart” (Eph. 6:5-6).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Paul View Post
    I used this site to look up my phone numbers (wireless an land line) and it said the numbers were assigned to ATX Telecommunications Services, LTD and Mcimetro Access Transmission Services LLC.
    Those would be your landline and wireless telephone companies, I'm guessing. At least, that's what showed up when I looked up my home, office, and wireless numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Schmidt View Post
    Those would be your landline and wireless telephone companies, I'm guessing. At least, that's what showed up when I looked up my home, office, and wireless numbers.
    I think they are both AT&T, at least the wireless is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Paul View Post
    I think they are both AT&T, at least the wireless is.
    Then I'm guessing those two companies work with AT&T to provide your services. But, again, I'm just guessing.

For example, when I look up my cell phone number, I get this:
    "NANPA: Assigned Valparaiso, Indiana (NEW Cingular Wireless PCS, LLC - IL)"

We originally had service with Cingular before they were bought & merged into AT&T.

My home number gives me this:
    "NANPA: Assigned Valparaiso, Indiana (Frontier North, INC. - IN)"

We used to have Verizon, until they sold their landlines to Frontier last year.

+ Reply to Thread