+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Keurig cup sizes in reality

Senior Member Marian Schwaller Carney's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Keurig cup sizes in reality

We've had our Keurig about a month or so. Ours gives us three size choices - 6oz, 8oz, and 10oz. We tend to use the 8oz most of the time. I use the 6 oz too, and my husband will use the 10oz.

According to the manual, I know the resulting amounts are actually a little less than stated, but I tested this morning with a glass measuring cup, and got these results, which track with our experience:
    6oz - OK
    8 oz - closer to 6.5
    10oz - less than 8oz

Do we have a defective machine or is this your reality too? We use distilled water in ours to avoid mineral build up.
    Thanks Dennis M. Scott - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Keurig cup sizes in reality

Quote Originally Posted by Marian Schwaller Carney View Post
    We've had our Keurig about a month or so. Ours gives us three size choices - 6oz, 8oz, and 10oz. We tend to use the 8oz most of the time. I use the 6 oz too, and my husband will use the 10oz.

According to the manual, I know the resulting amounts are actually a little less than stated, but I tested this morning with a glass measuring cup, and got these results, which track with our experience:
    6oz - OK
    8 oz - closer to 6.5
    10oz - less than 8oz

Do we have a defective machine or is this your reality too? We use distilled water in ours to avoid mineral build up.
    We saw a Cusinart yesterday and it supposedly does the complete 4, 8,12 etc oz measurements. For some reason, Keurig leaves out 3/4 of an ounce. see (this comparison is for the high end models so may not entirely agree with your model).

I don't think your machine is defective.

Doug
    Thanks Marian Schwaller Carney - "thanks" for this post

Senior Member Marian Schwaller Carney's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Keurig cup sizes in reality

Thx Doug. Yes, mine is the mid model. I measured a cop of 10oz coco today and it came to a full 8oz in my corning glass measuring cup - an improvement over the earlier measurement. I think you are right; I think my machine is normal as these things go.

+ Reply to Thread