+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RGIII or Luck

Post Thanks / Like

RGIII or Luck

What would happen if the Colts took RGIII instead of Luck? Would there be as much interest in that second pick as there is currently? Would the same 3 teams still be in the hunt (Miami, Washington, Kansas City)?
    Godspeed!

Mark B.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RGIII or Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bolerjack View Post
    What would happen if the Colts took RGIII instead of Luck? Would there be as much interest in that second pick as there is currently? Would the same 3 teams still be in the hunt (Miami, Washington, Kansas City)?
    Easily. Andrew Luck is the real deal.

Post Thanks / Like

There would be more interest in the #2 if it were Luck than RGIII.
    - Ben

Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death! And to those in the tombs, bestowing life!
    Χριστὸς ἀνέστη ἐκ νεκρῶν, θανάτῳ θάνατον πατήσας! καὶ τοῖς ἐν τοῖς μνήμασι, ζωὴν χαρισάμενος!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to go out on a limb here. If I were the Colts, I would take Griffin #1. I don't buy all the Andrew Luck hype, even though he is an extremely good player. I watched the Oregon Ducks pick him apart this year and I was not impressed. Don't get me wrong, he is a great college player, but the hype is unreal. It seems Griffin has more athletic ability and to me shows more promise. I like a QB that can run Griffin. I think he could be a franchise player and really turn the Colts organization around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hunter View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here. If I were the Colts, I would take Griffin #1. I don't buy all the Andrew Luck hype, even though he is an extremely good player. I watched the Oregon Ducks pick him apart this year and I was not impressed. Don't get me wrong, he is a great college player, but the hype is unreal. It seems Griffin has more athletic ability and to me shows more promise. I like a QB that can run Griffin. I think he could be a franchise player and really turn the Colts organization around.
    You really need to get off the running QB kick you have. The most successful QBs in the NFL, year in and year out, are those who are successful pocket passers.
    - Ben

Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death! And to those in the tombs, bestowing life!
    Χριστὸς ἀνέστη ἐκ νεκρῶν, θανάτῳ θάνατον πατήσας! καὶ τοῖς ἐν τοῖς μνήμασι, ζωὴν χαρισάμενος!
    Thanks Bob Hunter - "thanks" for this post
    Laughing Bob Hunter - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Burch View Post
    You really need to get off the running QB kick you have. The most successful QBs in the NFL, year in and year out, are those who are successful pocket passers.
    Griffin is both. He's more of a total package if you ask me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hunter View Post
    Griffin is both. He's more of a total package if you ask me.
    He looks as though he'll be very good.
    - Ben

Host Book, Movie & CE forums Ryan Scott's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think either one ends up in the Hall of Fame, which seems to be about where they hype has both of them right now.
    ...just my $.02.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Scott View Post
    I don't think either one ends up in the Hall of Fame, which seems to be about where they hype has both of them right now.
    No one ever thought Eli Manning would be in the HoF, and now the NY sports media would have you believe that because the Giants have won two Super Bowls that he's basically a lock.
    - Ben

Post Thanks / Like

RG3 had his pro-day yesterday, and Luck is having his today. Here in the DC area people are getting very excited about the idea of RG3- I like him too. So much so that I think if the Colts pick RG3 fans might feel a bit let down here- at least in the initial moments after focusing so much on Griffin only not to get him.

I think both QB's fit into what Shannhan wants to do and both would be day one starters for the Redskins. Luck would make one heck of "consolation prize".

I am not sure who I want more.

Luck has more experience and is more proven as a decision maker in a more pro style system. He has always been very consistent, showing after another year off college he still is considered the number one over all pick. I think Luck is the safer pick because we simply know more about him and the guesstimates of the experts are based on more information. Luck has ideal size and still enough speed, athleticism and throwing accuracy on the run to be effective as a roll out passer in Shannan's system.

RG3 has all the raw talent anyone could want along with good size, strength, and freakish athleticism. I would not peg him as just a running QB because he can make all the throws and has a fast release to make him effective in the pocket. He just hasn't done enough of it (from under center and in the pocket) in college to be as a safe a bet as Luck. In addition to his athleticism some say he has more velocity and a stronger arm than Luck while still being comparable in accuracy (very good for both-Luck perhaps has more touch).

Both Luck and RG3 are known to be really smart and have solid character too.

I really don't know who I want more as a Redskin fan.
    Thanks Bob Hunter - "thanks" for this post

+ Reply to Thread