+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Challenge: Inspirational picture

Host Photography Forum Jonathan Long's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Challenge: Inspirational picture

After reading Dave's post I was trying to come up with something creative that we could do as a group. I decided to issue the following challenge:

Inspirational picture

What does that mean? Well I'm leaving that open to each individual to decide.

All that I'm asking is that when you post your picture to include some information about why it is inspirational to you.

Please don't go thru your photo archives looking for something that you already shot! The idea behind the challenges is to go shoot something new that meets the criteria of the challenge...

It would be wonderful to see hundreds of photographs (by hundreds of people), so I am asking that you only post 1 (that's "One") photograph each.

Let the challenge begin!

Jon

Thanks Dana Grant - "thanks" for this post

Host Fun & Prayer forums Gina Stevenson's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Challenge: Inspirational picture

Had one come to mind, until I saw you want new ... it is one of my faves that I took, from over the years. Maybe we will have to post it, but not as part of the challenge.
    Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. ~ Stella Adler
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    It takes a great deal of maturity to accept that trying to eliminate all risk eliminates life. ~ Susan Lapin ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    His anger lasts only a moment, but His favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning. Psalm 30:5 (NLT)

Post Thanks / Like

I am traveling with only my iPhone for a camera, but I really regretted leaving my "real" camera at home today. I was in Colorado Springs and the snow capped mountains (Pike's Peak) were an inspiration. I could have responded quickly.

As it is, it will probably be next week before I can repond to your challenge.

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to go shooting today but the rain ended that.
    Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. 1 John 4:18a

Become an organ donor ~ donatelife.net ~ www.organdonor.gov

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Long View Post
    After reading Dave's post I was trying to come up with something creative that we could do as a group. I decided to issue the following challenge:

Inspirational picture

What does that mean? Well I'm leaving that open to each individual to decide.

All that I'm asking is that when you post your picture to include some information about why it is inspirational to you.

Please don't go thru your photo archives looking for something that you already shot! The idea behind the challenges is to go shoot something new that meets the criteria of the challenge...

It would be wonderful to see hundreds of photographs (by hundreds of people), so I am asking that you only post 1 (that's "One") photograph each.

Let the challenge begin!

Jon

This is my "inspirational" picture.

This morning the Oro Valley Church of the Nazarene had a "mortgage burning" ceremony. Seven years ago, the church borrowed $2.5 million to build a new sanctuary. For 3 years, they just paid their monthly payments, but 4 years ago, they decided to pay off the mortgage as soon as possible. In four years, the people gave more than $2 million.

The couple shown burning a copy of the mortgage are a couple that attended churc with Linda and me in the 1960's.

Six different people representing different groups within the church each burned a copy of the mortgage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3167.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	3533  

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not taking credit for this shot. It was taken by the mommy of Mason, who was born yesterday morning. I see it as one promise fulfilled and another new promise made.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mason.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	3542
    Wherever I am, God is, and all is well.
    Thanks Susan Unger, John Kennedy, Dana Grant - "thanks" for this post

+ Reply to Thread