+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm an April Fool

Post Thanks / Like

I'm an April Fool

Just got off the phone with my son. He'd called me to tell me he and his wife were expecting. After I finished crying and screaming and jumping up and down with pure, unadulterated joy -- he burst the bubble. A big apology came next. He got me good, though.
    Wherever I am, God is, and all is well.
    Laughing Cynthia Prentice - thanks for this funny post

Site Manager G R 'Scott' Cundiff's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I'm an April Fool

We had a funny related to that one time. Our daughter-in-law gave my wife a mother's day tee-shirt gift that said "Grandmother of the year" on it. My wife got all excited and asked, "Does that mean what I think it means?"

There was a moment of confusion - then her face got all red and she said - "Oh no, I just gave you the tee-shirt I got for my grandmother! The one I got for you says, "Mother-in-law of the year!"

Post Thanks / Like

So I was going to tell my church that today was my last day as their pastor, but I couldn't do it. I was afraid that some of them would have burst out in tears and some would burst out in applause and either way the momentum for the sermon would have been shot.
    Thanks John Reilly - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to work the whole April Fool's theme into this morning's message. It would have fit beautifully... and I forgot. I'm the April Fool, I guess.

It's been a long time since I've tried to "get" anyone. Everything I think of just seems too cruel (like Diane's example) or too dangerous (like Kevin's example).
    Thanks Peggy Gray, Gina Stevenson - "thanks" for this post
    Laughing Cynthia Prentice - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

I was a bit concerned. I was fearful that I might find the sanctuary turned around or my office emptied out. But all was fine. No one set up the Christmas Tree and the coffee pot really did have good coffee today!!!
    Laughing Gina Stevenson, Joanne Vergin, Diane Likens, Cynthia Prentice - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

We need to take care with April fools jokes as past traumas may exist and the person may be overcome with fear

http://www.reverendfun.com/?date=20110401

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"
    (Psalms 27:1)
    Laughing Cynthia Prentice, Gina Stevenson - thanks for this funny post

+ Reply to Thread