+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How real men bake cakes

Post Thanks / Like

How real men bake cakes

As many of you know, I am a proponent of masculine spirituality and believe our churches could benefit from a healthy dose of Godly manhood. In today's world men are relatively impotent when it comes to taking care of their home, car and belongings. We pay Jiffy Lube to change our oil and buy pre-cut firewood at Walmart (if we even know how to start a fire, but I digress...) I am not suggesting men should be less domesticated, but more creative. My wife asked me to bake a cake for my son's birthday, so I decided to do it the manly way. With my Dewalt drill and a beater. Now ain't ya'll proud of me?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010001.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	3546  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How real men bake cakes

Absolutely, Bob. Is there any other way for a man to bake a cake but the manly way? You go man.
    Laughing David Graham - thanks for this funny post

Host Theology Forum David Graham's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bob, a particularly acceptable use of the electric drill.
    Other tips...... when making a carrot or zucchini cake, use a rasp or an angle grinder to "dice" up the particular vegetable. Later you could use a bearing press to insert the walnuts, and a grease gun to do the icing.
    Laughing Gina Stevenson, Diane Likens - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Graham View Post
    Other tips...... when making a carrot or zucchini cake, use a rasp or an angle grinder to "dice" up the particular vegetable. Later you could use a bearing press to insert the walnuts, and a grease gun to do the icing.
    And don't forget the chop saw for serving!
    Wherever I am, God is, and all is well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Graham View Post
    I'm thinking I could I could score a television series on how to do these things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Likens View Post
    And don't forget the chop saw for serving!
    I was thinking a machete would be more my style for cake cutting.
    Laughing Diane Likens, Gina Stevenson - thanks for this funny post

Host Theology Forum Dennis M. Scott's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

One would think that turn=about would be fair play, too - but Linda wasn't especially happy when I used her blender to mix the paint.
    Laughing Gina Stevenson, Jim Chabot, Diane Likens - thanks for this funny post

Host Fun & Prayer forums Gina Stevenson's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis M. Scott View Post
    One would think that turn=about would be fair play, too - but Linda wasn't especially happy when I used her blender to mix the paint.
    For real, or just sounded like it/the idea fit here?
    Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. ~ Stella Adler
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    It takes a great deal of maturity to accept that trying to eliminate all risk eliminates life. ~ Susan Lapin ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    His anger lasts only a moment, but His favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning. Psalm 30:5 (NLT)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis M. Scott View Post
    haha, I just recently destroyed my wife's egg beater mixing drywall mud. She was not happy when she came home and saw it submersed in a bucket of mud. I'm still hearing about it. But it worked perfect for the job and made my drywall texture nice and creamy for the beautiful ceiling I created in the living room.
    Laughing Jim Chabot - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hunter View Post
    haha, I just recently destroyed my wife's egg beater mixing drywall mud. She was not happy when she came home and saw it submersed in a bucket of mud. I'm still hearing about it. But it worked perfect for the job and made my drywall texture nice and creamy for the beautiful ceiling I created in the living room.
    Some people are just plain difficult to please. You would think that she would be happy to finally get a new blender?

For the cake, may I suggest that next time you could at least make a man sized cake.

Of course you will need to by a tractor to mount the "cake mixer" on. But if a job is worth doing, then it's worth buying another tool to do it right!
    -Jim

To know and to serve God, of course, is why we're here, a clear truth, that, like the nose on your face, is near at hand and easily discernible but can make you dizzy if you try to focus on it hard. But a little faith will see you through.

Garrison Keillor
    Thanks Bob Hunter - "thanks" for this post
    Laughing Bob Hunter, Diane Likens, Dennis M. Scott, Gina Stevenson - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

In the old days, Joe used to want me to "make do" in the kitchen. For instance, when I wanted to replace my meat mallet, he brought a rubber mallet in from his work shop and said, "This will do the trick." Then his power edger died. When he said he needed to replace it, I handed him one of my kitchen knives and said, "Have at it." Since then, when I mention the need for a new kitchen gadget, that's exactly what I get.
    Wherever I am, God is, and all is well.
    Thanks Rich Schmidt, Jim Chabot, Bob Hunter - "thanks" for this post
    Laughing John Kennedy, Gina Stevenson - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking to do a man cake right you need to convert the back yard barrel BBQ smoker into an oven and use real fire made with wood and coals or better use your turkey fryer; use of a pioneer style dutch oven buried in a fire pit would be cool too. A propane cooker won't do, it's not dangerous enough and works too much like a gas stove in the house.
    Thanks Bob Hunter, Jim Chabot, Jim Franklin - "thanks" for this post
    Laughing Gina Stevenson - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

Hal beat me to the suggestion of the largest Dutch Oven available.

+ Reply to Thread