+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Concerned Mavarenes

Post Thanks / Like

Concerned Mavarenes

I am really concerned our beloved reigning national champs Mavericks (lost 2 straight) may not even make the playoffs. There just doesn't seem to be the chemistry or the willingness or ability to play like they have in the past. It seems new forms of pregame meditations and rituals have invaded the inner sanctum of the Mavs locker room. There isn't the tough grit of days past or the dynamo of lil guys that could. Instead we have Hollywood values dragging down a team that in the past put individual personalities aside and played for committed goal. I pray for a revival of Mavs determination and the instantaneous healing of Jason Kidd under the leadership of our champion Dirk Nowitzki and lil sidekick Jason Terry. Lets all call on the leadership to oust any unMaverick like play and disposition and lets all get excited and wave your hankies as we root these underdogs into the playoffs for another shot at greatness
    "And as we pass the collection plate, please give as if the person next to you was watching."
    -Rev. Lovejoy
    Laughing Gary Condon, Jay Stiegelmeyer, Steven Martinez - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Concerned Mavarenes

Preach it Brother! We should also fast for these Mavarenes

Post Thanks / Like

Preach it, Brother. Let's include fasting as well for it will help any NazNetters who need to do so.

Post Thanks / Like

looks like the leadership is listening to the CMs

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...es-immediately

Go Mavs!
    "And as we pass the collection plate, please give as if the person next to you was watching."
    -Rev. Lovejoy

Post Thanks / Like

No worries. The championship will stay in the state of Texas, but it will the Spurs who reign victorious! GO SPURS GO!

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Spurs i really do and I like the Dallas / SA rivalry. SA seems to always be there and they have made a huge surge this season again. I was just watching bits of classic San Antonio - NJ game where Jason Kidd was still in NJ and David Robinson was still dominating. Great dynasty the Spurs. I am disappointed that Mark Cuban didnt retain Tyson Chandler, but we know he his hedging for Next Year. It will be a new look Mavs without Jet + Deron Williams and maybe even Dwight Howard.

But not giving up on this years team. They have plenty of talent to at least make the playoffs- Glad they got rid of Odoms distractions. Now its focus time.

Go Mavs
    -Rev. Lovejoy
    Thanks Linda Bechtold - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

We had a real chance to steal one in OKC today but KD hit another buzzer beater to win. Very concerned that the Mavs didn't pull out a winnable game. I really dont't see how our old timers can keep up with these running guns from OKC . We might get one at home I hope!
    -Rev. Lovejoy

Post Thanks / Like

Whoosh swept out in 4 games. There were a close set of games (except #3) and all could have gone the other way. But the Old Mavs never really had a shot. They tried hard and its commendable. Lets see if Cubans strategy works out and he signs some big time names to come in and make Dallas a contender again.

OKC looked good and I still see no problem with OKC and Miami in the finals. The Spurs might have a problem with it though. I look fwd to an exciting rd 2 of the I-35 series when OKC meets SA in the West Finals. The winner winning the coveted I-35 super slab trophy (Dallas / OKC / San Antonio and Minnesota are all on I-35.) along with the West Conference Championship.
    -Rev. Lovejoy

Post Thanks / Like

OKC has a great looking squad. However, I feel like the Spurs will have the edge, should both teams make it the Western Conference Finals. Tim Duncan is looking 10 years younger and Tony Parker should be in the MVP talks this year. Plus, San Antonio has more experience than any other team. That should give them the edge. Having Coach Pop doesn't hurt their chances either.

GO SPURS GO!
    Thanks David Morris - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Moseley View Post
    Whoosh swept out in 4 games. There were a close set of games (except #3) and all could have gone the other way. But the Old Mavs never really had a shot. They tried hard and its commendable. Lets see if Cubans strategy works out and he signs some big time names to come in and make Dallas a contender again.

OKC looked good and I still see no problem with OKC and Miami in the finals. The Spurs might have a problem with it though. I look fwd to an exciting rd 2 of the I-35 series when OKC meets SA in the West Finals. The winner winning the coveted I-35 super slab trophy (Dallas / OKC / San Antonio and Minnesota are all on I-35.) along with the West Conference Championship.
    I don't believe the Thunder have a very good chance against the Spurs. They must beat the Lakers first and Perkins is injured.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Poteet View Post
    I don't believe the Thunder have a very good chance against the Spurs. They must beat the Lakers first and Perkins is injured.
    The Lakers need to beat the Nuggets first.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Morris View Post
    The Lakers need to beat the Nuggets first.
    The Lakers will beat the Nuggets, but how do you coach meat heads like Bynum? Poor Mike Brown. If he doesn't make it deep into the playoffs, they'll call for his head.

Post Thanks / Like

And then the Thunder come out and trounce the Lakers. Gotta love that start! (I'm an OKC fan if you hadn't figured it out)

To say that the Thunder will lose to San Antonio is fair, but to say that because Perkins is slightly hurt is not fair. Perkins is still playing, and Collison is very capable of holding down the center position if needed. The key for the Thunder will be to keep having Durant, Westbrook, and Harden all hitting their shots and scoring 20+ points a game. If they do that, SA will not be able to keep up.

Also a factor in this is that San Antonio must first survive the very streaky Clippers, who are capable of winning that series if they can play consistently for a change.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Flowers View Post
    And then the Thunder come out and trounce the Lakers. Gotta love that start! (I'm an OKC fan if you hadn't figured it out)

To say that the Thunder will lose to San Antonio is fair, but to say that because Perkins is slightly hurt is not fair. Perkins is still playing, and Collison is very capable of holding down the center position if needed. The key for the Thunder will be to keep having Durant, Westbrook, and Harden all hitting their shots and scoring 20+ points a game. If they do that, SA will not be able to keep up.

Also a factor in this is that San Antonio must first survive the very streaky Clippers, who are capable of winning that series if they can play consistently for a change.
    Durant, Westbrook, and Harden can all hit 20+, and that won't make it an issue of the Spurs needing to keep up.

The Spurs are 17-10 when their opponent scores 100+ points...the Thunder are 12-12.

This series is going to come out of bench production. The Coach of the Year, Gregg Popovich, has done a masterful job of resting his starters, and getting the most out of lesser known players. I'm not sure the Thunder will be able to compete, although the Thunder have two great players in Durant and Westbrook.
    Thanks Bob Hunter - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Morris View Post
    Durant, Westbrook, and Harden can all hit 20+, and that won't make it an issue of the Spurs needing to keep up.

The Spurs are 17-10 when their opponent scores 100+ points...the Thunder are 12-12.

This series is going to come out of bench production. The Coach of the Year, Gregg Popovich, has done a masterful job of resting his starters, and getting the most out of lesser known players. I'm not sure the Thunder will be able to compete, although the Thunder have two great players in Durant and Westbrook.
    Although, you also just pointed out that the Thunder allowed fewer opponents to score 100 points (though the Spurs were one of them). OKC has some very strong talent on the bench in Harden (the best bench player in the league this year), Daequan Cook (who can shoot threes almost as well as Ray Allen most of the time), Derek Fisher (we all know his pedigree), and Nick Collison (the best player in the league at taking charges). Couple that with the defensive prowess of Serge Ibaka (who can also score well) and Thabo Sefolosha and you have a very well balanced and deep team that should have a very good series against the Spurs (one that I am not prepared to pick a favorite to win, they're both very good teams).

Oh, and as far as Perkins goes, even if he is hurt and unable to play Cole Aldrich should be ready to go and showed a little of what he can do by grabbing six boards and putting in 7 points against the Lakers last night in 8 minutes time.

The Spurs have a solid team with a lot of depth, but the key will be how well they keep up with a much younger team over the stretch of games (experience will definitely be a factor). The NBA sure can be exciting!
    Thanks Bob Hunter - "thanks" for this post

+ Reply to Thread