+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (2011)

Post Thanks / Like

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (2011)

After about the first twenty minutes of the movie, I was almost to the point of turning it off. But Joe reminded me we've never been disappointed by anything with Tom Hanks involved. So I continued to watch. I'm glad I did. I don't know what kind of descriptions to give without having to first say "spoiler alert", but I highly recommend the movie.
    Wherever I am, God is, and all is well.
    Thanks Ryan Scott - "thanks" for this post

Host Photography Forum Dana Grant's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (2011)

It's not that I disliked the movie, but it was not one of my favorites, let's put it that way. And you're right -- to elaborate would give too much of it away. It was not one of my favorite Tom Hanks or Sandra Bullock movies, though.
    Thanks John Reilly - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Likens View Post
    But Joe reminded me we've never been disappointed by anything with Tom Hanks involved.
    Surely you haven't attempted Larry Crowne yet then. I only remember ceasing to watch a movie because it was so horrible once before. This one was the second time. Granted, my wife and I were really tired, but it was abysmal.

Growing up, I was a huge Tom Hanks fan. I collected his movies. Many of them are still favorites. But Larry Crowne was just...I dont even know. I'd post an actual review thread for it, but it doesn't deserve it.
    Thanks Ryan Scott - "thanks" for this post

Host Fun & Prayer forums Gina Stevenson's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Re Tom Hanks ... really liked Big ... was delighted to find one of those big floor keyboards awhile later that I had fun trying out! . Still would like one.
    Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. ~ Stella Adler
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    It takes a great deal of maturity to accept that trying to eliminate all risk eliminates life. ~ Susan Lapin ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    His anger lasts only a moment, but His favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning. Psalm 30:5 (NLT)

+ Reply to Thread