+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NFL Schedule Released

Post Thanks / Like

NFL Schedule Released

My daughter is more into this than I am...

She and a former room mate have made a "pact" to go together to see the Packers play every other team in the NFL, one game per year. So far they have two at Lambeau plus they've seen the Packers in Jacksonville and Kansas City. (They are just 25 but actually started while still in college. I think they saw two games before deciding to see the rest.)

Last year was a Lambeau year so this year they wanted to go elsewhere (my daughter lives here in Kenosha, her friend in Kansas). Looking at the "away" schedule they picked the place they wanted to go to but then had to wait to make sure the date would work. They arranged to be video chatting yesterday while the schedule was being released. Within a few minutes of the announements, they booked flight tickets and reserved a motel room.

They will be in Seattle in late Sept. for the Monday Night Football Seahawks/Packers game. This will be especially fun if Flynn gets the start. Of course, while there they will do the tourist thing for a few days...

Yes, by the way, they are both Packer owners!

Wilson
    "But by the grace of God I am what I am." (1 Cor. 15:10)
    Thanks Bob Hunter - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NFL Schedule Released

Big controversy over Thursday games. Some commentators are saying it does not give players adequate time to rest when they have to play Sunday and then again on Thurs. There are arguments both ways. It increases viewership and so on. I'm just glad the NFL didn't go to an 18 game schedule.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NFL Schedule Released

I in line with the idea that they need more rest than just three days between games. I remember listen to Madden talk about how the Cowboys and Loins talked about not feeling fully rested when they did the Thanksgiving games.
    "Means we use must be as pure as the ends we seek."

+ Reply to Thread