+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oh, no! Picture, etc, on left covers TEXT ...

Host Fun & Prayer forums Gina Stevenson's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Oh, no! Picture, etc, on left covers TEXT ...

... on right when one tries to enlarge the teeny tiny text one sees on tablet (7") when thread first pops up after/when one tries to adjust it to readable size! It never did that before, so some setting was apparently changed. Before, it just moved the picture over as one spread out the text to readable size, so you did not see the picture/post author info while trying to read.

Please help, Scott! Thank you. Will check back later, as no use in even trying to read after it did that the first time I tried reading since yesterday (when Betty B asked about getting in earlier today, I did that but did not read, only returning to FB to comment on her question).

Thank you very much!
    Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. ~ Stella Adler
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    It takes a great deal of maturity to accept that trying to eliminate all risk eliminates life. ~ Susan Lapin ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    His anger lasts only a moment, but His favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning. Psalm 30:5 (NLT)

Site Manager G R 'Scott' Cundiff's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oh, no! Picture, etc, on left covers TEXT ...

Sorry, I just don't understand what you're asking. Nothing was changed on any of the settings on the forum. It was moved as a whole.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe she is saying that the personal image and data (location, # of posts, etc) cover up the page when you try to scroll over on a tablet screen.

Post Thanks / Like

Right, Michael. Before, I could enlarge to read after it popped up, and it/the page would stay as-is, and if you wanted to see who wrote it after it had been enlarged, you just moved it to the right to see the left side, where the poster info is.

Now, no matter which way you try to move the text out from under that info, when it is readable size, the only way you can see it all again is to reduce it again!

Summation: it enlarged as ONE before (text/poster info), but now it is as if there are TWO separate entities enlarging, so they fight each other for space, with the INFO winning, and covering OVER the post text.

Perhaps it is something the new server, being mostly vBulletin, has as a default setting and it does that to all forums on that server unless/until some particular forum UNdoes it from their own forum(s)???

Only thing I could figure if you did nothing. Hope it is not going to stay that way. If so, it will be hard enough trying to read, we may not read much, and I will be . . .
    Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. ~ Stella Adler
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    It takes a great deal of maturity to accept that trying to eliminate all risk eliminates life. ~ Susan Lapin ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    His anger lasts only a moment, but His favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning. Psalm 30:5 (NLT)

Post Thanks / Like

OK, after looking here first, writing more of an explanation of what was happening earlier, went to try reading somewhere.

Now, this time, it did not do that to me. Strange, especially if you have done/undone nothing. Anyway, thank goodness it did not do that ... Hopefully it will not do that again!

Thanks again for all you do, Scott.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Thanks G R 'Scott' Cundiff - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear it is working for you now.
    Thanks Gina Stevenson - "thanks" for this post

+ Reply to Thread