+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Dog Show

  1. #1
    Senior Member Susan Unger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Penn's Woods :)
    Posts
    9,193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Dog Show

    Mom and I went to a local dog show for an afternoon. Here are a few pictures -

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002_6.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	3628Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	3629Click image for larger version

Name:	akita wanting french fry.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	3630Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001_3.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	3631Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004_2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	3632

    They are Italian Greyhound, ?, Akita, Fichon Brisee and Collie [aka Lassie].
    Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

    There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. 1 John 4:18a


    Become an organ donor ~ donatelife.net ~ www.organdonor.gov
    Thanks Jonathan Long, Marg Shurtliff - "thanks" for this post

  2. #2
    Senior Member Susan Unger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Penn's Woods :)
    Posts
    9,193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dog Show

    How do I link Picasa pics here?

  3. #3
    Host Photography Forum Jonathan Long's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kenosha, WI
    Posts
    347
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dog Show

    Susan,

    All you need to do is cut and paste the web address for your Picasa albums.

    Jon

  4. #4
    Host Photography Forum Dana Grant's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    2,141
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dog Show

    That would be Bichon Frise and the other is a maltese.


    LOVE DOG SHOWS!!!!!

    thanks for posting these -- the Akita is my favorite. And was it a collie (large dog) or a shetland sheepdog (small dog) -- I can't tell the size from the picture?

  5. #5
    Senior Member Susan Unger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Penn's Woods :)
    Posts
    9,193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dog Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Long View Post
    Susan,

    All you need to do is cut and paste the web address for your Picasa albums.

    Jon
    I tried that but it kept asking for my source code or some such thing, and then wouldn't post my link. That was using the picasa icon. Maybe I'll try the plain ole link icon. Edited to add: I was able to get a link to the webpage but it isn't the nice little slide show that I see from others like Scott C's.
    Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

    There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. 1 John 4:18a


    Become an organ donor ~ donatelife.net ~ www.organdonor.gov

  6. #6
    Senior Member Susan Unger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Penn's Woods :)
    Posts
    9,193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dog Show

    Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

    There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. 1 John 4:18a


    Become an organ donor ~ donatelife.net ~ www.organdonor.gov

  7. #7
    Senior Member Susan Unger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Penn's Woods :)
    Posts
    9,193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dog Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Dana Grant View Post
    That would be Bichon Frise and the other is a maltese.


    LOVE DOG SHOWS!!!!!

    thanks for posting these -- the Akita is my favorite. And was it a collie (large dog) or a shetland sheepdog (small dog) -- I can't tell the size from the picture?
    Mom said it was a collie. It was a large dog. As for the Bichon Frise - I am forever getting the name messed up!
    Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

    There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. 1 John 4:18a


    Become an organ donor ~ donatelife.net ~ www.organdonor.gov

  8. #8
    Host Fun & Prayer forums Marg Shurtliff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ottawa , Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    6,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dog Show

    Loved the dog pictures but was disappointed the best dog breed wasn't shown - a schipperke !! You did show a Norwich terrier which was a close second . I felt sorry for some with their extreme hair dos !!
    Marg

  9. #9
    Senior Member Susan Unger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Penn's Woods :)
    Posts
    9,193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dog Show

    This is the winner. It was the last pic on the link. I couldn't tell you what breed it is.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	winner.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	3640
    Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

    There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. 1 John 4:18a


    Become an organ donor ~ donatelife.net ~ www.organdonor.gov

  10. #10
    Host Photography Forum Dana Grant's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    2,141
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dog Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Marg Shurtliff View Post
    Loved the dog pictures but was disappointed the best dog breed wasn't shown - a schipperke !! You did show a Norwich terrier which was a close second . I felt sorry for some with their extreme hair dos !!
    Norwich terrier? I didn't see one in her pictures -- the little white one is a Maltese.........

    Norwich terrier -- we had one of these in our agility class -- they're pretty much wash and wear doggies......and soooo adorable!!!

    Name:  norwich-terrier.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  35.4 KB

    And then there's the Norfolk terrier -- the only difference in these two breeds is their ears!!

    Name:  norfolk-terrier-5.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  18.7 KB

    edit: I did not take these pictures -- just got them off the internet to show what the breed looked like!! -- just FYI.

  11. #11
    Host Photography Forum Dana Grant's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    2,141
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dog Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Susan Unger View Post
    This is the winner. It was the last pic on the link. I couldn't tell you what breed it is.

    Attachment 3640
    THAT is a Doberman Pinscher, Susan. Beautiful dog!!! Our first dog after we got married was a Doberman. His name was Allen. It was the first time my husband had ever had a dog as a pet. He loved that dog. He has become St. Allen at our house, because when we talk about him, he could do no wrong in my husband's eyes!!!

    Our Allen was a show dog that had an accident that tore his ear, and that is how we came to have him, because the breeder couldn't afford to keep him as a pet. He was very much loved....
    Thanks Susan Unger - "thanks" for this post

  12. #12
    Host Photography Forum Dana Grant's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    2,141
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dog Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Marg Shurtliff View Post
    Loved the dog pictures but was disappointed the best dog breed wasn't shown - a schipperke !! You did show a Norwich terrier which was a close second . I felt sorry for some with their extreme hair dos !!
    I LOVE Schipperkes, too, Marg -- isn't that what you have now??? they are so adorable, and it is my understanding that they make great companion dogs, too!!! Good choice!!!

  13. #13
    Host Photography Forum Dana Grant's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    2,141
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dog Show

    My goodness, I'd love to go to a dog show!! Thanks so much, Susan!!!

    If there's one thing that I like as much as photography, it is DOGS.

    Do you have more pictures? Is that what you're trying to do, post a link to an album somewhere?

  14. #14
    Senior Member Susan Unger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Penn's Woods :)
    Posts
    9,193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dog Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Dana Grant View Post
    My goodness, I'd love to go to a dog show!! Thanks so much, Susan!!!

    If there's one thing that I like as much as photography, it is DOGS.

    Do you have more pictures? Is that what you're trying to do, post a link to an album somewhere?
    Yes! I tried posting a fancy picasa link that would open up to just the slide show. I finally did get some link up there but don't know if anyone else can see it or not because people are saying I didn't post a certain breed when I did. I am pretty sure that I have a norwich terrier in my linked album.
    Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

    There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. 1 John 4:18a


    Become an organ donor ~ donatelife.net ~ www.organdonor.gov

  15. #15
    Host Photography Forum Dana Grant's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    2,141
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dog Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Marg Shurtliff View Post
    Loved the dog pictures but was disappointed the best dog breed wasn't shown - a schipperke !! You did show a Norwich terrier which was a close second . I felt sorry for some with their extreme hair dos !!
    Marg -- I thought you were talking about the pictures that Susan posted here, NOT her link -- I apologize, I thought you were saying that the maltese was a Norwich terrier......SORRY SORRY SORRY!!!

    Dana

  16. #16
    Host Photography Forum Dana Grant's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    2,141
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dog Show

    Susan -- I finally saw the link!!! SORRY!!! LOVE THESE PICS!!!


    I think I'll just shut up now........LOL
    Laughing Marg Shurtliff, Susan Unger - thanks for this funny post

  17. #17
    Host Fun & Prayer forums Marg Shurtliff's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ottawa , Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    6,006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dog Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Susan Unger View Post
    Yes! I tried posting a fancy picasa link that would open up to just the slide show. I finally did get some link up there but don't know if anyone else can see it or not because people are saying I didn't post a certain breed when I did. I am pretty sure that I have a norwich terrier in my linked album.
    Yes , I saw it in your pictures .When I was reading some dog books , the Norwich seemed like a great dog .

    Quote Originally Posted by Dana Grant View Post
    I LOVE Schipperkes, too, Marg -- isn't that what you have now??? they are so adorable, and it is my understanding that they make great companion dogs, too!!! Good choice!!!
    Yes , I do , Dana . Mine was in a kennel for her first 5 years and is little Miss Independant at times . She's getting better but its taken nearly three years to get this far . Think that wash and wear idea of the Norwich was what appealed to me besides the size .
    My E-mail address has schipp in it . That was set up before I realized when you say just schip there is only one "P" . lol
    Marg

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts