+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Our UK weather is weird.

Post Thanks / Like

Our UK weather is weird.

We had a warm March, but its rained now for three weeks, daily, and yet our area has declared a drought. Last 18 months were very dry, so they say we need months of consistant rain. Our farmer friend is rather happy about it all, but I fear a wet summer. Maybe I'm getting old, but my bones tell me they want hot sunshine.

What weird things is weather doing where you are?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Our UK weather is weird.

It's been weird weather in a lot of places, I think. On March 28th, our high temperature here was 74 (F) and the low was 48 (F). This coming Saturday (1 month further into the Spring) the temperature is currently scheduled to hover between 40 (F) and 42(F) all day.

At one point in March, we set record high temperatures for the specific calendar day 8 days in a row. Over the past couple of weeks, we've equaled or set record low temperatures for specific calendar days 4 different days. We haven't come close to seeing the temperature get as high in April as the highest it got in March.

Host Fun & Prayer forums Gina Stevenson's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, weird. Several days hovering near 80 in March, and think the high in March even got to 87 ... a record (several were broken that month, if I recall).

ETA: heard there may be a bit of snow Friday ... after 87!? Yes, very weird.
    Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. ~ Stella Adler
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    It takes a great deal of maturity to accept that trying to eliminate all risk eliminates life. ~ Susan Lapin ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    His anger lasts only a moment, but His favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning. Psalm 30:5 (NLT)

Post Thanks / Like

Last Sunday and Monday we set or tied records at 91 degrees both days with a low of 61, then it has rained the last couple of days and the predicted high for tomorrow is 55 with a low in the upper 30s cold enough here in the valley to renew the snow cap on nearby mountains.

Cheerio, friend Ian. Have a great day and may just the right amount of rain bless your farmer friend so that you can sing "Showers of Blessings."

It is all caused by that La Nina.

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday we had over an inch of rain which is quite a rain storm for an area that averages about 12 inches per year. Flood warnings are out. Over night the temperature dropped to the 30's after being 91 on Monday, snow in the high country.

Host Photography Forum Dana Grant's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

My mom sent me pictures of the 6 inches of snow they received this past week. I got the pictures on the day that it was 100 degrees in Tucson.

Very strange.

Post Thanks / Like

Today, Saturday, we walk dogs along the Oxford Canal, it was really cold, more like winter in every way. We have our heating on, something we dont usualy do this time of year. You never know, way things are going, we might have snow in July. lol

Host Fun & Prayer forums Gina Stevenson's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Friday got here w/no snow, after all, but cold wind ... felt like that kind that "goes right thru you," as if winter were returning again!
    Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one. ~ Stella Adler
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    It takes a great deal of maturity to accept that trying to eliminate all risk eliminates life. ~ Susan Lapin ~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    His anger lasts only a moment, but His favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning. Psalm 30:5 (NLT)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gina Stevenson View Post
    Well, Friday got here w/no snow, after all, but cold wind ... felt like that kind that "goes right thru you," as if winter were returning again!
    Today Sunday, it lashing down rain with strong winds, and its very cold. I want summer!!!

+ Reply to Thread