+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NFL Draft musings

Post Thanks / Like

NFL Draft musings

Luck goes 1st to the Colts, RG3 to Redskins, Trent Richardson to the Browns. No big surprises.

Thoughts on how your team did?

And the pro-bowl is about to disappear. Not many tears shed of that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NFL Draft musings

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hunter View Post
    Luck goes 1st to the Colts, RG3 to Redskins, Trent Richardson to the Browns. No big surprises.

My team did great...we just drafted another franchise QB and set ourselves up for success for the next decade and then some.

The Browns drafting Trent Richardson? Not so sure about that one. He is a great running back...but backs don't win games. Not what I would have done with a #3 pick in this draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Kansas City Chiefs:
    Some in the press are calling their first round pick the "biggest gamble" in the whole draft. Many fans booed when it was announced.
    Dontari Poe, a 350 pound DT. Apparently didn't shine all that well in college play but is lightning fast (if such can be said of a Mack truck) and Chiefs think they can make a star out of him.
    Oh well, I have fantasies like that about some of my Biology students too.

BILL
    Thanks Bob Hunter - "thanks" for this post
    Laughing Dennis M. Scott, Bob Hunter - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

Rams got defensive line help, and have 3 picks in the first half of the second round. I will be cautiously hopeful.
    'His favorite chair was always a bit wobbly, but he decided that accepting things with their quirks was much more enjoyable than trying to fix things.'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Farra View Post
    Rams got defensive line help, and have 3 picks in the first half of the second round. I will be cautiously hopeful.
    They need a lot of help in the receiving core.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Morris View Post
    My team did great...we just drafted another franchise QB and set ourselves up for success for the next decade and then some.

The Browns drafting Trent Richardson? Not so sure about that one. He is a great running back...but backs don't win games. Not what I would have done with a #3 pick in this draft.
    The Browns are shoping McCoy and think they have their man in Weeden. I have lost track of the number of QBs the Browns have had. They ruin players, they don't develop them. The Browns are my home team, but they have the worst luck ever.

Post Thanks / Like

Surprises were the Browns going after Brandon Wheeden in the first round. That means nothing less than that McCoys days are indeed numbered as a Brownie. Wheeden must be ecstatic he was taken in the 1st round an also that the his new team took Trent Richardson. He will need a solid backfield and pass blocker for success.

Another surprise were the Cowboys Trading up to # 6 from 14 and taking number 2 overall rated player in CB Morris Claiborne - LSU . Cowboys needed secondary help badly and have beefed up well Clairborne and with the the free agency hiring of: Brandon Carr. Ramping up to stop RG3, Mike V and Eli Manning (tough division huh).

and now it the 3rd round they pick up a DE from BSJC (as coach P would say) .
    "And as we pass the collection plate, please give as if the person next to you was watching."
    -Rev. Lovejoy
    Thanks Bob Hunter - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am really hoping Weeden is the guy to break the QB curse in Cleveland. If Richardson doesn't materialize and Weeden does step-up AND the Browns continue to lose, then I expect Holmgren will be gone and the team will suffer irreparable damage in which case the team should be sold and relocated to a market like LA. The team needs a new name and a fresh start. The Browns is a very unexciting name and the city is not one that most players want to go to. They have multiple issues and if history proves itself, there is time to pull the rip cord and it may be soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Calling out Dr. Coach Poteet. How many junior highs place two draftees in the first round? BSUJH did.

Post Thanks / Like

I am really hoping Weeden is the guy to break the QB curse in Cleveland. If Richardson doesn't materialize and Weeden does step-up AND the Browns continue to lose, then I expect Holmgren will be gone and the team will suffer irreparable damage in which case the team should be sold and relocated to a market like LA. The team needs a new name and a fresh start. The Browns is a very unexciting name and the city is not one that most players want to go to. They have multiple issues and if history proves itself, there is time to pull the rip cord and it may be soon.

All of the rip cord talk ends by going deep into the playoffs. Winning does wonders for an organization. Richardson / Weeden are your guys. Think positive!
    "And as we pass the collection plate, please give as if the person next to you was watching."
    -Rev. Lovejoy
    Thanks Mark Bolerjack, Bob Hunter - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Franklin View Post
    Calling out Dr. Coach Poteet. How many junior highs place two draftees in the first round? BSUJH did.
    Who are they? I don't follow pro football or the draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Moseley View Post
    All of the rip cord talk ends by going deep into the playoffs. Winning does wonders for an organization. Richardson / Weeden are your guys. Think positive!
    Thanks for the encouragement. I hope you are right. If this goes down, I'm telling you it's time to pull the rip cord! Enough is enough, how many chances does a team get?

Post Thanks / Like

Here is really funny summary of the picks. Its animated gif reaction to each pick. let it load and scroll down to the Browns Weeden pick. ( I think they are wrong BTW but its still funny)

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=52641
    -Rev. Lovejoy

Post Thanks / Like

Here is really funny summary of the picks. Its animated gif reaction to each pick. let it load and scroll down to the Browns Weeden pick. ( I think they are wrong BTW but its still funny)

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=52641
    That about sums it up!

Funny stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

By having 6 Boise State Broncos being drafted they were exceded only by Alabama's 8 and Georgia and Oklahoma's 7. Five more were signed to free agent contracts. Not bad for Dr. Coach Poteet's junior high squad.

Post Thanks / Like

By having 6 Boise State Broncos being drafted they were exceded only by Alabama's 8 and Georgia and Oklahoma's 7. Five more were signed to free agent contracts. Not bad for Dr. Coach Poteet's junior high squad.

Thats exceptional! does that mean the Blue playground yard will be empty next year?
    -Rev. Lovejoy

Post Thanks / Like

The proof of their ability will be in the number that make NFL rosters come next season.

Post Thanks / Like

The Steelers had a very quiet yet very good draft that found talent at the areas they had needs. Plus they did not have to auction off a year to move up. Just a top class organization.
    My Friends Call Me Stew!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats exceptional! does that mean the Blue playground yard will be empty next year?
    We need to give that blue playground back to the Teletubbies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	teletubbies.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	3680
    Laughing Scott Moseley - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

The BLUE FOOTBALL FIELD will remain in place and you may be surprised at the number that get drafted next year. The Humanitarian Bowl will be played there on Dec. 15 this year.

Post Thanks / Like

The BLUE FOOTBALL FIELD will remain in place and you may be surprised at the number that get drafted next year. The Humanitarian Bowl will be played there on Dec. 15 this year.
    The humanitarian bowl? Never heard of it. The most humane thing to do in my mind would be to remove the blue turf and replace it with something that is less offensive to humanity. I prefer to see blue on a player's uniform and not the turf. In fact, I would rather see the coaching staff dye their hair blue than see it on the field.

Post Thanks / Like

Your too easily offended and it is now the Potatoe Bowl originally the Humanitarian Bowl inspired by none other than former Coach Myron Finkbeiner, NNC alum.
    Thanks Scott Moseley - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Your too easily offended and it is now the Potatoe Bowl originally the Humanitarian Bowl inspired by none other than former Coach Myron Finkbeiner, NNC alum.
    thanks jim. I learn something new everyday on this site.
    -Rev. Lovejoy

+ Reply to Thread