+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I deleted a thread

Post Thanks / Like

I deleted a thread

I just deleted a thread. I believe it started innocently enough, but it degenerated into a discussion about other Naznetters. Let's not talk about one another in ways that are critical. I have no problem with asking other Naznetters about themselves, but if they don't choose to respond, just drop it. Everyone is required to post under their own name, but no one is required to go through cross examination to participate here.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I deleted a thread

Thanks, Dave. I hope my attempt at a little light-hearted humor wasn't construed to be a part of the problem. It was meant to lighten the dialogue. By the way, I agree (as one who has no financial stake in a service which you provide -- and I enjoy) with your explanation above. Makes sense to me. Thanks.
    Thanks Scott Sherwood, Gina Stevenson, Bill Morrison - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Messer View Post
    Thanks, Dave. I hope my attempt at a little light-hearted humor wasn't construed to be a part of the problem. It was meant to lighten the dialogue. By the way, I agree (as one who has no financial stake in a service which you provide -- and I enjoy) with your explanation above. Makes sense to me. Thanks.
    Glenn, to be clear, I didn't read the whole thread. There was no particular post that bothered me. It was just the idea that we were talking about people by name in a critical way in a thread in which they weren't participants. The few posts I read implied that something was wrong because they have not answerd questions about their personal life. Naznet does not allow anonymous posting, but we don't require anyone to reveal personal information unless they want to.
    Thanks Glenn Messer, Scott Sherwood - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave McClung View Post
    Naznet does not allow anonymous posting, but we don't require anyone to reveal personal information unless they want to.
    We're definitely not CIA But it appeared difficult to talk about, and there was much misunderstanding. I'm very thankful you deleted the thread.
    Love the sinner, hate the sin? Love the sinner and hate your own sin! - Tony Campolo
    Thanks Scott Sherwood - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Deventer View Post
    We're definitely not CIA But it appeared difficult to talk about, and there was much misunderstanding. I'm very thankful you deleted the thread.
    Maybe we should add a NazNet rule -- "No waterboarding allowed."
    Laughing Diane Likens, Hans Deventer - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

It seems it may have been my curiousity about several with the same name as some folks I know but not by any of the names being used.

Post Thanks / Like

Wel, I do know two Jim Franklins, but I'm pretty sure no one knows two Greg Farras.
    'His favorite chair was always a bit wobbly, but he decided that accepting things with their quirks was much more enjoyable than trying to fix things.'

Dan Henderson

Quote Originally Posted by Dave McClung View Post
    Maybe we should add a NazNet rule -- "No waterboarding allowed."
    A little waterboarding is good for you. It'll put hair on your chest.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we better delete this THREAD!!!
    Laughing Hans Deventer, Scott Sherwood, Greg Farra - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Farra View Post
    Wel, I do know two Jim Franklins, but I'm pretty sure no one knows two Greg Farras.
    My Dad is dead now but when he was still alive: Many people assumed there was only ONE Nazarene Pastor named Wilson Deaton. Those people were wrong and their assumption sometimes caused confusion (even at HQ, now GMC)...

Wilson
    "But by the grace of God I am what I am." (1 Cor. 15:10)

Post Thanks / Like

There was another Scott Moseley roaming my neighborhood in Richardson / Garland TX . He even had the nerve to use my Dry Cleaners ! He had pretty good taste in clothes too and strangely we were the same size. He probably wasn't as happy with the trade as I was !
    "And as we pass the collection plate, please give as if the person next to you was watching."
    -Rev. Lovejoy
    Thanks John Reilly - "thanks" for this post
    Laughing Gina Stevenson, John Reilly, Rich Schmidt - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Henderson View Post
    A little waterboarding is good for you. It'll put hair on your chest.
    Wow, I must have been waterboarded a lot then. Ooops, maybe there are some pieces of personal information that should stay off of NazNet.
    Dan Hamlin

The straightest distance between two points is a straight line.
    Laughing Paul DeBaufer, Dennis M. Scott - thanks for this funny post

+ Reply to Thread