+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Northwest Regional Main Event

Post Thanks / Like

Northwest Regional Main Event

Last weekend, the Northwest Region had our "Main Event" at NNU. Check out this video if you want to see how we do things in our area of Nazarenedom. NazNet's very own Ryan Pugh makes an important appearance in the video (and I can be seen briefly for a second adjusting my jacket).

If I speak God’s Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, “Jump,” and it jumps, but I don’t love, I’m nothing.
    Paul, 1 Corinthians 13:2

So when the gospel is diminished to a question of whether or not a person will “get into heaven,” that reduces the good news to a ticket, a way to get past the bouncer and into the club. The good news is better than that.
    Rob Bell, Love Wins

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Northwest Regional Main Event

Ryan don't take this the wrong way.....but you disgust me
    "Love without holiness disintegrates into sentimentality. Personal integrity is lost. But holiness without love is not holiness at all. In spite of its label, it displays harshness, judgmentalism, a critical spirit, and all its capacity for discrimination end in nit-picking and divisiveness."-Mildred Bangs Wynkoop
    Laughing Lucas Finch - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cam Pence View Post
    Ha. Well, I only did it because an iPad 3 was on the line. Which I won by the way. So I'm ok with a little disgustingness.
    Most good things have been said far too many times and just need to be lived. - Shane Claiborne
    Thanks Lucas Finch - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would rather not. I have heard that the NW is over-run with liberals and such. Therefore, I do not want to pollute my mind with what is sure to be incorrect thinking. Please know, I will be praying for you.

(Please read the above with your tongue planted as firmly in cheek as mine was)
    On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.
    Laughing Lucas Finch, Cam Pence, Ryan Pugh - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cam Pence View Post
    He earned the "privilage" of eating the worm, etc. by beating me with his superior knowledge of Hebrew holidays. Apparently the Feast of Leavened Bread is not one.
    If I speak God’s Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, “Jump,” and it jumps, but I don’t love, I’m nothing.

So when the gospel is diminished to a question of whether or not a person will “get into heaven,” that reduces the good news to a ticket, a way to get past the bouncer and into the club. The good news is better than that.
    Rob Bell, Love Wins
    Laughing Ryan Pugh - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Ward View Post
    I would rather not. I have heard that the NW is over-run with liberals and such. Therefore, I do not want to pollute my mind with what is sure to be incorrect thinking. Please know, I will be praying for you.

(Please read the above with your tongue planted as firmly in cheek as mine was)
    Don't worry. There are no prayer labyrinths in the video.

Rob Bell, Love Wins
    Laughing Cam Pence - thanks for this funny post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Lucas and Ryan!

I saw the kids from our church a lot. Our Soccer team got 2nd. We were the ones in the read shirts. My son was seen a number of times. (As way of bragging, he is on the High School soccer team and last night they tied the #1 High School soccer team in the nation. They head into post season pretty excited about the possibilities)

Our kids came back very excited about the whole event. Well done to everyone who was involved.
    It is not enough to be right, you have to be like Jesus.
    Thanks Lucas Finch, Ryan Pugh - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Laughlin View Post
    Thanks Lucas and Ryan!

I saw the kids from our church a lot. Our Soccer team got 2nd. We were the ones in the read shirts. My son was seen a number of times. (As way of bragging, he is on the High School soccer team and last night they tied the #1 High School soccer team in the nation. They head into post season pretty excited about the possibilities)

Our kids came back very excited about the whole event. Well done to everyone who was involved.
    It was a great event! As one of the leaders from the Rocky Mountain District, I sometimes get to participate with the NW Regional NYI Council in planning and facilitating it (as I did this year), but it is really NNU's admissions team that does the vast majority of the work. They are to be commended!

Rob Bell, Love Wins
    Thanks Craig Laughlin - "thanks" for this post

+ Reply to Thread