+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rivera Goes Down

Host Book, Movie & CE forums Ryan Scott's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Rivera Goes Down

Mariano Rivera, Yankees closer and MLB's all-time saves leader - apparently injured his knee shagging flies in the outfield before last night's game. Early reports say he has a torn ACL. At this age, this is likely a decision to retire or a long, long recovery process that isn't guaranteed to work.

Like or hate the Yankees, the guy's been incredible for a long time.
    ...just my $.02.
    Thanks Jeremy D. Scott, Ryan Pugh - "thanks" for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rivera Goes Down

I hate to see it. I Don't like the Yankees but now they will be even less fun to watch . Yep thats it for Mariano R. Sports commentators were already saying he was doing his good byes this year. But who knows ? ACL repair has come a long way recently and he is still very athletic and if he isn't ready to retire he can come back. It might make a difference which knee it was.
    "And as we pass the collection plate, please give as if the person next to you was watching."
    -Rev. Lovejoy

Host Book, Movie & CE forums Ryan Scott's Avatar

Post Thanks / Like

He said yesterday the doctor told him five months - that would put him back in October. Maybe a couple hero saves and one more world series title and then retirement?
    ...just my $.02.

Post Thanks / Like

That would be great for him, not having to slog through another season on an iffy knee just to retire on his terms. Hope he can come back that soon, but I think that is a stretch (pun intended) . It is his right knee and I believe that knee on a right handed pitcher takes the brunt of physical load. Wishing a speedy recovery to Mo . One of the greatest.
    "And as we pass the collection plate, please give as if the person next to you was watching."
    -Rev. Lovejoy

Post Thanks / Like

Most good things have been said far too many times and just need to be lived. - Shane Claiborne

+ Reply to Thread